Baghdad – Mawazine News , Friday, the Joint Operations Command denied extending the date for the withdrawal of US forces from Iraq, while clarifying the nature of the relationship between Baghdad and Washington after the combat forces left the country. The spokesman for the joint operations, Major General Tahsin al-Khafaji, said that “the talk about extending the date for the withdrawal of US forces is inaccurate and incorrect,” stressing that “the date for the exit of combat forces on the 31st of next December is fixed and there is no change in it.” Major General Al-Khafaji added, “The relationship between the two parties after the departure of the combat forces will be a consultative relationship in the fields of training, armament, intelligence and security information against the terrorist organization ISIS.” Ended 29 / h
623 security 11/19/2021 19:31ak Baghdad today – Baghdad Today, Friday, the Iraq Hezbollah Brigades decided to dissolve one of its formations. The military spokesman for the Brigades, Abu Ali Al-Askari, said in a tweet received by (Baghdad Today) that “we were informed by the leadership of the Hezbollah Brigades to dissolve the formation of the Popular Defense Brigades, stop all its activities and close its headquarters.”
Shafaq News/ On Friday, the Iraqi authorities reopened two main bridges in the center of the capital, Baghdad, after the protests of supporters of the forces and factions objecting to the election results waned.
A security source told Shafaq News Agency, “The security forces reopened the Al-Ahrar and Al-Sinak bridges leading to the Green Zone.”
He added, “The Jumhuriya Bridge will also reopen in the coming hours if the situation there is stable.”
The security authorities had closed the three bridges, coinciding with protests by supporters of Shiite forces and factions objecting to the election results for fear of storming the Green Zone.
Hundreds of demonstrators are still gathering in front of the Green Zone gate at the suspension bridge, and the gate near the Ministry of Planning building.
Shafaq News/ The former representative of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan in Kirkuk, Jamal Muhammad Shakur, demanded on Friday, the implementation of the recommendations of the governmental and international committees to erase the policies and effects of the former regime and normalize their conditions in accordance with Article 140 and national entitlements.
Shakur told Shafak News Agency; A governmental committee formed in 2019 with the membership of representatives from the Prime Minister, the Republic and several ministries concerned, Kirkuk’s representatives from all Arab, Kurdish and Turkmen components completed its work with unified recommendations in accordance with Article 140 of the Constitution, but the recommendations are still frozen and not implemented despite the aggravation of problems and conflicts in Kirkuk.
Shakur continued; “The recommendations included solutions to land disputes and property entitlements between the components of Kirkuk and erasing the effects of the policies of the former regime, but the government has not implemented them so far, despite the return of the problems of seizing Kurdish lands again and violating judicial decisions regarding them.”
He pointed out that “the recommendations developed solutions to the disputes between the components regarding property and lands, and solutions to the Arab-Arab conflicts, with an agreement between all members of the committee from government agencies and the local government in Kirkuk.”
Shakur stressed that “a second committee was formed with the membership of the United Nations, the concerned parties and the components of Kirkuk, which included solutions and recommendations for land problems, security and administrative balance and other problems, but the recommendations have not been fully implemented so far for unknown reasons.”
Kirkuk governorate is witnessing national problems in several agricultural areas after 2017, the return of Arabization policies and the seizure of land by the expatriate population inhabited by the former regime at the expense of the Kurds and Turkmen, in addition to the problems of national marginalization of the Kurdish component in particular.
Shafaq News/ The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced on Friday the dissolution of the “Promised Day Brigade” and the closure of its headquarters.
Al-Sadr said in a tweet seen by Shafak News Agency, “As a gesture of goodwill on my part: (Muqtada Al-Sadr)… announced the dissolution of the formation of the (Promised Day Brigade)… and closed its headquarters, and had it not been for the fact that they handed over their weapons to the former Peace Brigades or what is currently called, Brigade 313, 314 and 315 in Samarra, I would have ordered them to hand over their weapons and obey, because they are still loyal to us and their country.”
He added, “If it is found, they must hand it over within 48 hours, hoping that this step will be the beginning of dissolving the armed factions, handing over their weapons and closing their headquarters, and even be a message of safety and peace for all the people, so the brigade official must implement this decision.”
And yesterday, Thursday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced a set of conditions for the participation of the losing Shiite political forces in the elections in forming the next Iraqi government, most notably the dissolution of all armed factions.