Shafaq News/ The President of Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani discussed with the US ambassador to Iraq today, Tuesday, the strategic dialogue between Iraq and America, the internal situation in the region and Iraq in general, the upcoming Iraqi elections and the future of the political process in Iraq.
A statement by the region’s presidency, received by Shafaq News Agency, said that Barzani received the US ambassador to Iraq, Matthew Tueller.
The statement indicated that the meeting discussed the strategic dialogue between Iraq and America, the agreement between them, the reorganization of the next phase of their relations, the internal situation in the region and Iraq in general, the upcoming Iraqi elections, the future of the political process in the country, the latest developments in the war against terrorism, the threat of ISIS, the spread of the Covid-19 epidemic and vaccination campaigns against the virus.
The statement added that the meeting, which was attended by the US Consul General in the region, Robert Palladino, stressed the importance of the Kurdistan Region’s participation in the Iraqi-American strategic dialogue, and the reorganization of relations between Iraq and America within the framework of that dialogue and on the basis of common interests.
The statement indicated that the President of the Region, Nechirvan Barzani, considered the Iraqi-American strategic dialogue, not only in terms of military and defense, and from the cultural, economic, educational and other fields to help and support Iraq, as an important matter.
The statement continued, the US ambassador, for his part, expressed his country’s commitment to continuing to support Iraq and the Kurdistan Region and to provide aid to the Iraqi army and the Peshmerga, stressing that America looks at Iraq with interest for stability in the region.
In another part of the meeting, the US ambassador referred to his meeting today with a number of activists and representatives of different religions and sects in the Kurdistan Region and the beneficiaries of his country’s program in many areas to help young people and that it advances human development for Iraq and the Kurdistan Region, as well as praising the culture of coexistence, acceptance of the other and tolerance in Kurdistan Region, and the two sides stressed the importance of protecting this culture, rights and freedoms, according to the same statement.
The statement noted that the manner and importance of implementing the agreement between the Iraqi governments and the Kurdistan Region to normalize the situation in Sinjar, the relations between Iraq and the Kurdistan Region with neighboring countries, the situation in Syria, the importance of security and stability, the latest developments in the region in general, and a number of other issues of common interest were other topics in the meeting.
Shafaq News/ The media office of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi announced, on Tuesday, that 7 new decisions were taken during a regular session of the Council of Ministers, including approving the emergency attribution plan for the deployment of Corona virus vaccines.
The office said in a statement received by Shafaq News Agency, “Al-Kazemi presided over the thirtieth regular session of the Council of Ministers, during which the latest developments in the country were discussed, and topics on the agenda were discussed.”
At the beginning of the session, the Prime Minister announced the completion of the registration on the plots of land within the (Dari) housing project, provided that the names of the beneficiaries who registered on the website will be announced within a month.
He explained that “the number of forms that fulfill the conditions through the website of the Dari housing project amounted to (3 million and 463 thousand and 921) forms.”
The Cabinet session witnessed the hosting of the President of the Bar, to discuss the draft law to amend the Law No. 173 of 1965, where he provided an extensive explanation of the law and observations on it, as well as the problems faced by lawyers and the importance of their support; The Council of Ministers decided to form a committee that would provide its observations regarding the law; It will be put to the vote in future sessions.
In the context of the session, the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Health was hosted, who reviewed the epidemiological report on the Corona pandemic, and the developments in the work of the Committee to Strengthen Government Actions in the Fields of Health Awareness Prevention and Control; To limit the spread of the virus, and the efforts of the Ministry of Health in providing medical services to the infected, providing the required quantities of vaccines, and urging citizens to vaccinate through the vaccination outlets spread in Baghdad and all governorates.
After discussing the topics on the agenda, the Council of Ministers issued the following decisions: First:
Approval of the Ministry of Finance’s allocation of (3,000,000) dinars, only three billion dinars, in entitlements to transport relief materials, to the Ministry of Migration and Displacement from the emergency reserve for the fiscal year / 2021, to strengthen the relief and social aid account to cover the Ministry’s expenses, based on the provisions of Article (5) From the Federal General Budget Law for the fiscal year/2021.
Second / Approval of the Ministry of Finance allocating an amount of (750,000,000) dinars, only seven hundred and fifty million dinars, to the Ministry of Culture from the emergency reserve for the fiscal year 2021; To provide the requirements of occupational safety in the National Books and Documents House, which are confirmed in the Ministry of Culture book No. (M and / 980) dated 8/8/2021, based on the provisions of Article (5) of the Federal General Budget Law for the fiscal year/2021.
Third / – Approval of the emergency attribution plan for the deployment of Covid-19 vaccines.
Fourth / Approval of the draft law of the Iraqi National Security Agency, according to the proposals and recommendations included in the minutes of the consultative meeting, which were checked by the State Council, and referred to the House of Representatives, based on the provisions of Articles (61 / Item First, 80 / Item Second, and 84 / Item First) of the Constitution.
Fifth/ Approval of the minutes (20) and the recommendations related to the Diwaniyah Order Committee (45 of 2018) attached to the letter of the Ministry of Planning numbered (W.S./1/2/476) dated (6 July 2021), regarding the completion of public hospital projects, with Paying attention to the notes of the Legal Department of the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, confirmed by its memorandum numbered (M.D./Q./2/1/70/42/No) signed on July 29, 2021.
Sixth / Approval of the recommendations of the study of the employment and sustainability of heritage buildings prepared by the Ministry of Culture, as follows:
1. Work on amending Article (24) of the Iraqi Antiquities and Heritage Law No. (55) of 2002, by adding a paragraph giving the General Authority for Antiquities and Heritage the right to own the distinguished heritage buildings, and allocating the necessary funds within the authority’s budget for the purposes of expropriation, by preparing a draft law to that effect. Article 24: First, the participating entity may expropriate the heritage buildings in accordance with the provisions of the expropriation law. Second / The participating entity shall evacuate the heritage and historical buildings, and their forbidden persons, and money in the event of a danger threatening the lives of persons or heritage buildings, according to rules issued by the aforementioned entity.
2. To authorize the Ministry of Culture to grant heritage properties belonging to the Ministry or to another party, which have already been allocated to the Ministry of Culture, in implementation of the Ministry’s objectives, spreading cultural awareness and allocating them to cultural institutions.
3. Obliging the entities to which heritage buildings are allocated to observe the conditions of the General Authority for Antiquities and Heritage / General Heritage Department, in terms of their sustainability, preservation, and not using them for any activity that violates their heritage privacy.
4. Obligating the participating parties to implement the text of Article (27) of the Antiquities and Heritage Law, and allocating the necessary funds within the budgets of the participating parties.
5. Amending the text of Article (28/First/A) of the Iraqi Antiquities and Heritage Law: granted the heritage status), by adding a text to this paragraph, which is: (according to regulations issued by the General Heritage Department), especially with regard to changing the profession and specialization; Because some heritage buildings cannot be used for the same function for which they were established; Due to its geographical location, or due to certain circumstances, while preserving its heritage elements as they are.
6. Obtaining the fundamental approvals of the General Heritage Department when performing maintenance and rehabilitation works for heritage buildings, and the work is under the supervision of the Heritage Department, taking into account the opinion of the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, which is confirmed by the legal department’s (confidential) memorandum numbered (M.D. / S/ 2/1/42/ No), signed on August 5, 2021, and also taking into account the remarks of the Minister of Oil.
7. Allocating (renting) to global institutions and personalities that have a clear international achievement, and the commitment of the occupant (user, lessor) is re-evaluated every two years by a committee formed by the Ministry of Culture and another body determined by the Council of Ministers or the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers.
Seventh / Approval of the proposal of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to authorize the Minister of Planning (Khaled Batal Al-Najm), the authority to sign the framework of cooperation for the United Nations; for Sustainable Development (UNSDCF) for the years 2020-2024, on behalf of the Government of Iraq.
Shafaq News/ Kurdish leader Massoud Barzani met on Tuesday in Salah al-Din Matthew Tueller, the US ambassador to Iraq.
According to a statement issued by the Kurdish leader’s office, the ambassador praised the culture of coexistence, tolerance between different religious groups in the Kurdistan Region, expressing his thanks to the departments and institutions in the region for protecting this coexistence.
The statement added that the general dimensions of the strategic dialogue between the United States and Iraq were discussed, and the American ambassador affirmed his country’s commitment to helping Iraq and the Kurdistan Region, as well as supporting the Peshmerga forces of Kurdistan, and improving relations between his country and the region in the fields of culture, academia and economy.
The meeting also shed light on the political process, the lives and living conditions of Iraqi citizens, and the challenges facing the upcoming Iraqi elections, as well as exchanging views on the post-election stage in Iraq and the relations between the Kurdish and Iraqi parties, according to the statement.
Shafaq News/ The Iraqi Foreign Minister, Fouad Hussein, arrived today, Tuesday, in the Iranian capital, Tehran, according to what was reported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In a statement received by Shafak News Agency, she said that Foreign Minister Fouad Hussein and his accompanying delegation arrived in Tehran today, and he will meet Iranian President Ibrahim Raisi, in addition to a number of Iranian officials.
The statement added that the two sides will discuss topics related to bilateral relations and the security situation in the region, in addition to handing over the invitation from Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to the Iranian President to attend the summit meeting of the neighboring countries of Iraq.
The minister is accompanied, according to the statement, by National Security Adviser Qassem Al-Araji, Director of the Prime Minister’s Office, Raed Jouhi, and Head of the Neighboring Countries Department in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ihsan Al-Awadi.
This visit comes as part of a group of regional tours conducted by envoys from Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, which include invitations to presidents and kings to participate in the Baghdad summit scheduled to be held at the end of this month.
Yesterday, Monday, an informed government source revealed that Iraq is seeking to sponsor direct talks between the United States and Iran during the Baghdad summit expected at the end of this month, which brings together leaders of neighboring countries.
Yesterday, Monday, Foreign Minister Fuad Hussein met with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, carrying with him a message from Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, including his invitation to attend this summit.
Also yesterday, Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi invited Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz to attend the summit meeting of Iraq’s neighbors scheduled to be held in Baghdad at the end of this month, also through Minister Hussein.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh announced in his weekly press conference on Monday that the Iraqi foreign minister would arrive in Tehran on a visit listed on the agenda.
Khatibzadeh said that his country has always called for regional dialogue, and it is certain that Iraq can also play an important role in this context.