Saudi Arabia condemns attacks by Iran-backed militias against American forces in Iraq

WORLD NEWS

DECEMBER 30, 2019 / 9:46 PM / UPDATED 15 MINUTES AGO

CAIRO (Reuters) – Saudi Arabia condemned attacks launched last week by Iranian regime-backed militias against American forces in Iraq, an official source said in statement published by the state-owned Saudi Press Agency.

The U.S. military carried out air strikes on Sunday against the Kataib Hezbollah militia in response to the killing of a U.S. civilian contractor in a Friday rocket attack on an Iraqi military base, officials said.

Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi on Monday condemned the U.S. air strikes on bases of Iranian-backed Iraqi militia. The U.S. strikes could pull Iraq further into the heart of a proxy conflict between the United States and Iran.

Reporting By Ahmed Tolba; Editing by Tom Hogue

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-security-saudi/saudi-arabia-condemns-attacks-by-iran-backed-militias-against-american-forces-in-iraq-idUSKBN1YZ07H?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%29

A US official told Reuters: We warned the Iraqi government several times and shared information as guests and did not provide our forces with protection

Baghdad / Obelisk: A State Department official confirmed on Monday that his country has no concerns about any Iraqi reaction to the US bombing of the crowd headquarters in Qaim.

“America is not looking for any new conflict in the Middle East, but it will respond to any attack and from any party in Iraq and Syria,” the official said, quoting the official as saying.

He added: “We have warned the Iraqi government several times and shared information in an attempt to work with it to fulfill its responsibilities to protect us, as we are its guests who have invited us and have not taken appropriate steps.”

And that “America is not looking for any conflict in the Middle East and air strikes were defensive,” pointing out that “Washington will not leave Iran to avoid punishment as a result of using agents to attack American interests.”

He noted that “the attack in Syria and Iraq on the Hezbollah Brigades was defensive, designed to defend American citizens in Iraq and was done to deter Iran.”

He continued, saying: “There are 11 attacks that have been carried out in the past two months by Iranian proxies on Iraqi bases hosting the coalition forces that led to Friday’s attack in Kirkuk that killed an American contractor.”

He noted that “America asked the Iraqi government to fulfill its responsibilities to protect American forces, but it did not.”

On Monday (December 30, 2019), the State Department announced the recall of the American ambassador in Baghdad, Matthew Toller, to protest the bombing of the crowd’s headquarters.

The ministry, in a statement, expressed its condemnation, “and strongly condemned the bombing of brigade headquarters belonging to the popular crowd by the American forces, which we see as a flagrant violation of the sovereignty of Iraq, and a condemned act, which is rejected by all customs and laws that govern relations between countries.”

She added: “In this context, we reaffirm that the popular mobilization is an Iraqi national force that has had an effective impact in the defense of Iraq and its unity, fought with dedication, and the valor of the terrorist organization ISIS, stopped its extension, and protected the country from its evil, which is part of the Iraqi armed forces system By orders of the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces. ”

She stressed that “Iraq is an independent country, and that its internal security is a priority and extreme attention, and will not be allowed to be a battlefield, or a passage to carry out attacks, or a place to use its lands to harm neighboring countries. Consultation with the European counterparts in the international coalition to fight ISIS to come out with a unified position regarding work mechanisms and the future presence of the coalition forces in Iraq.

The Popular Mobilization announced yesterday that American drones targeted the sites of the 45th Brigade in the Popular Mobilization west of Anbar Province.

Meanwhile, Director of the Movements Directorate in the Popular Mobilization Organization, Jawad Kazim Al-Rabaiwi, announced this morning that the death toll from the bombing on the crowd’s headquarters, west of Anbar, has risen.

“The outcome of the brutal attack on the headquarters of the brigades 45 and 46 amounted to 25 martyrs and 51 wounded,” Rabiawi said in a statement carried by the “Popular Mobilization” website.

He added, “The number of martyrs can be increased due to the presence of wounded people in critical condition and severe injuries.”

Follow the obelisk

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/184970/%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%A4%D9%88%D9%84-%D8%A3%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%B1%D9%83%D9%8A-%D9%84%D9%80-%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%B2–%D8%AD%D8%B0%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%A7-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%83%D9%88%D9%85%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%85%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%B9%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D9%88%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%85%D9%86%D8%A7-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%88%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B9%D8%AA%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%A7-%D8%B6%D9%8A%D9%88%D9%81-%D9%88%D9%84%D9%85-%D8%AA%D9%88%D9%81%D8%B1-%D9%84%D9%82%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%A7-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%A9

Washington accuses Iran of “dominating” Iraq: We have already been informed of the strikes

US

policy

Iraq

Iran Iran

Hezbollah Brigades

12/30/2019 12:57:52

A- A A +

Shafak News / The US envoy to Iran, Brian Hook, said that his country will continue to respond to any attacks targeting US interests in the region, noting that the US military is in Iraq at the request of the government, and there are American military forces in some bases to help the Iraqis In the fight against terrorism.

Hook said in an interview with Al Hurra, that Washington would not tolerate Iranian lawlessness in the region and in Iraq, which does not care about his interests but wants to dominate it.

Hook stressed the need to deter Iranian terrorist acts in the Gulf region, and the need to impose sanctions on Tehran, especially because of the killing that it practiced against its people.

He revealed that US Defense Secretary Mark Asper had informed the Iraqi side before launching strikes on the locations of the Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq, noting that these strikes enhance Iraqi security against the attacks of some Iranian militias, which have also killed a number of Iraqi soldiers recently.

Hook noted that the Iranian regime is facing the worst economic crisis in 2019, and in 2020 it will face a more difficult period, noting that the Iranian people are also demonstrating and calling for the removal of a repressive regime that is 40 years old.

The American forces launched a series of raids on Sunday, against the bases of the Iraqi Hezbollah Brigades, which resulted in the death of 25 fighters.

The American strikes came two days after a missile attack on an Iraqi base where American forces are present, and that led for the first time to the death of an American contractor in Iraq.

https://www.shafaaq.com/ar/%D8%B3%DB%8C%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B4%D9%86%D8%B7%D9%86-%D8%AA%D8%AA%D9%87%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A8%D9%80-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87%D9%8A%D9%85%D9%86%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D8%A3%D8%A8%D9%84%D8%BA%D9%86%D8%A7-%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%A8%D9%82%D8%A7-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B6%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AA/

Urgent video .. Abdul-Mahdi: The US Secretary of Defense informed me by phone of the bombing of the crowd hours before its implementation

Editing Date: 12/30/2019 21:27

(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The caretaker head, Adel Abdul Mahdi, alluded to his knowledge in advance of the American bombing that targeted the PMF yesterday, in the Qada district of western Anbar, eastern and Syria, and resulted in dozens of martyrs and wounded.

<div class=”player-unavailable”><h1 class=”message”>An error occurred.</h1><div class=”submessage”><a href=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teCA8uGnb4w&#8221; target=”_blank”>Try watching this video on http://www.youtube.com</a>, or enable JavaScript if it is disabled in your browser.</div></div>

“What happened yesterday is clear and incorrect aggression, and we tried to block it and prevent it, but there was persistence, and unfortunately this happened, which will have unfortunate consequences and we are trying to confront it,” Abdul-Mahdi said in his speech at the cabinet meeting held on Monday.

He added, “The attack on the crowd was not based on evidence, but on attitudes that were caused by tension between Tehran and Washington.”

He pointed out that he tried to “inform the American attacks before them and requested discussions about them, but I was informed that the decision was taken,” indicating that he “tried to inform the Iraqi faction of the impending US air strike.”

And American F-15 planes bombed sites of the 45th and 46th brigades in the popular crowd (Hezbollah Brigades) in the district of Al-Qaim, west of Anbar province and another in eastern Syria.

The attack on Qaim resulted in the death of 27 battalions and wounded more than 50 others, including critical cases.

And the Ministerial Council for National Security held an emergency meeting today, during which it examined the repercussions of the attack, stressing that “this sinful attack that violates the goals and principles for which the international coalition is formed, pushes Iraq to review the relationship and security and political and legal work contexts in a manner that preserves the sovereignty and security of the country, protecting the lives of its children, and promoting common interests.” .

The face of Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi , the cuts take all precautionary measures to avoid the fall of casualties as reported to the leadership of the Iraqi joint operations to prevent any unilateral action ground or air without government approval Alaracah.anthy

https://alforatnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=225108

Al Furat News} publishes the text of the position of the supreme authority regarding the American bombing and what the government needs to do

Editing Date: 12/30/2019 17:16 • 605 times read

{Baghdad: Al Furat News} An official source in the office of the Supreme Religious Reference, Grand Ayatollah Imam Sayyid Ali al-Sistani, said about the attack on Iraqi forces in the city of Al-Qa’im, Anbar.

The official source in the office of Imam Al-Sistani said, “Commenting on the bombing of some security forces in the city of Al-Qaim, an official source in the office of Mr. Al-Sistani (as long as his shadow) in Najaf,

stated the following : The Supreme Religious Authority condemns this sinful attack that targeted all Of the fighters who are members of the official Iraqi forces and led to the martyrdom and wounding of a large number of them, it stresses the need to respect Iraqi sovereignty and not to violate it under the pretext of responding to illegal practices by some parties. Only the official Iraqi authorities are concerned with dealing with these practices. As the measures to prevent them, and they are called upon to do so, to work to prevent Iraq from being a place to settle regional and international accounts and the interference of others in its internal affairs.

https://alforatnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=225082

Urgent {Al Furat News} publishes the text of the government’s response to the US bombing of the crowd

Editing Date: 12/30/2019 18:36

{Baghdad: Al Furat News} The Ministerial Council for National Security held an emergency meeting in which it examined the repercussions of the attack launched by the American planes against the Iraqi forces (brigade 45 and 46 crowd) on the Iraqi-Syrian border.

A council statement issued by the Prime Minister’s Office stated, “The Euphrates News Agency received a copy of it,” as the Iraqi government condemns this action and considers it a violation of the sovereignty of Iraq and a serious violation of the rules of operation of the coalition forces, including the US forces, to carry out operations without the approval of the Iraqi government, not to mention that this operation targeted forces An Iraqi who clings to an important front on the border against the remnants of the ISIS terrorist organization, which endangers the security and sovereignty of Iraq, and also threatens the security of all without exception. ”

“Dozens of martyrs and wounded people from our valiant forces have fallen as a result of this attack, and the American forces have relied on their own conclusions and their political priorities, not the priorities as seen by the government and people of Iraq, and that protecting Iraq, its camps, the forces present in it, and representations is the responsibility of the Iraqi security forces exclusively, and it is they who decide The need to use its partners not for others – and whatever the justifications, to do so unilaterally and against the will of the Iraqi state and its supreme interests. ”

“Iraq has repeatedly stressed its refusal to be a battleground or a party to any regional or international conflict, and has made strenuous efforts to prevent frictions and reduce clashes in a country and region that has lived for decades for conflicts, interventions, occupation and wars,” he said.

He stressed, “It must not be forgotten by anyone that the enormous sacrifices and tortures that the people said they should carry and that Iraq made in its fight against ISIS not only provided peace and security in Iraq, but also contributed effectively and mainly to strengthening regional and international peace and security, and that threatening the security of Iraq and introducing it into Side conflicts will turn back on everyone with the most serious dangers and losses, and that many of the martyrs and wounded as a result of the recent attack have contributed to making these victories against the terrorist ISIS. ”

The National Security Council pointed out that “this sinful attack violates the goals and principles for which the international coalition is formed, which pushes Iraq to review the relationship and security and political and legal work contexts in a manner that preserves the sovereignty and security of the country, protecting the lives of its children and promoting common interests.”

https://alforatnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=225093

The central bank publishes a table of bullion prices and gold coins for the current week

Banks

Economy News – Baghdad

The Central Bank of Iraq published, on Monday, a table of bullion prices and gold coins for the current week.

And the table indicated that the mint of 22 gm amounted to one million and 436 dinars, while the price of the alloy of 5 g was 303 thousand dinars, while the price of the 10 g alloy was 598 thousand dinars.

The table indicated that the price of the alloy of 15 grams amounted to 899 thousand dinars, while the price of the alloy of 20 grams reached 1.207 million dinars, while the price of the alloy of 25 grams reached 1.517 million dinars.

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=18660

Gold rises due to weak dollar and US strikes

Arab and international

Economy News – Baghdad

Gold prices rose to the highest level in more than two months, Monday, amid weak dealings at the end of the year while the US dollar went down while American military strikes in the Middle East pushed investors towards the metal, which is a safe haven.

And gold rose in spot trading 0.2 percent to 1513.29 dollars an ounce (0600 GMT) by 0633 GMT. Earlier in the session, gold hit its highest level since October 25 at $ 1515.80. In futures trading in the United States, the yellow metal fell 0.1 percent to $ 1516.60.

Gold is considered a safe investment in times of geopolitical and economic uncertainty.

Gold also supported the decline of the dollar against a basket of competing currencies, making the yellow metal cheaper for holders of other currencies.

In terms of other precious metals, silver rose 0.9 percent to $ 17.92 an ounce, while platinum increased 0.7 percent to $ 951. Palladium lost 0.1 percent to $ 1903.39 an ounce.

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=18657

Al-Halbousi condemns the attacks against the crowd and calls for the protection of the coalition forces

Monday 30 December 2019 | 11:15 am

| Views: 60

Baghdad / … Parliament Speaker Muhammad Al-Halbousi condemned, today, Monday, the attack on pieces of the popular crowd, which left a number of martyrs and wounded, considering this targeting a violation of the sovereignty of Iraq.

The President of the House of Representatives said, in a statement received by “Eye of Iraq News”, that while we call for restraint, we renew our call for all forces to be under the command of the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

He stressed the need to adhere to providing protection for diplomatic missions and international coalition forces that are present on Iraqi soil at the request and approval of the government, and to unite efforts to complete the war against ISIS.

The Security Media Cell announced, earlier on Sunday evening, December 29, 2019, that the headquarters of the 45th Brigade of the Popular Mobilization had been subjected to three American air strikes, which resulted in the death of four fighters, including the brigade commander’s aide, and the injury of 30 others.

The Popular Mobilization also said, in a statement, that the attack targeted the leadership of the Al-Jazeera Operations Sector in Anbar Province and the location of the 45th and 46th Brigade, and resulted in 19 martyrs and 35 wounded.

Earlier, the US Department of Defense announced that its air force had carried out “defensive” raids on 5 targets of this armed group in the territories of both Iraq and Syria in response to attacks that had previously targeted US bases in Iraq. Finished 2

http://aynaliraqnews.com/index.php?aa=news&id22=128503

The President of the Republic meets with the Construction Alliance and the National Alliance

PM

Baghdad – news

A political source confirmed today, Monday, that the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, met with the Construction Alliance and the National Alliance.

The source said to “Al-Akhbaria”, “The President of the Republic, Barham Salih, ended a meeting with the National Coalition on Monday morning.”

He added, “After the first meeting, he held a new meeting with the Construction Alliance to discuss the issue of the new prime minister’s nomination.”

It is noteworthy that the President of the Republic Barham Saleh refused earlier, to assign the candidate of the Construction Alliance Asaad Al-Eidani, to head the Council of Ministers.

The MP revealed that Al-Fateh Al-Mandawi and Parliamentary Bloc Ahmed Al-Kinani revealed today that the coming hours will witness an agreement to name the new Prime Minister.

It is worth noting that the candidate for the presidency of the Council of Ministers, Muhammad Tawfiq Allawi, affirmed earlier yesterday, Sunday (December 29, 2019), that he was not prepared to assume the position of prime minister, succeeding Adel Abdul Mahdi, unless he agreed with the demonstrators.

 http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=205752