Release date:: 2019/10/17 18:54
The General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers announced on Thursday the details of the decisions taken at the regular session last Tuesday.
The Secretariat said in a statement received (Euphrates News) a copy of it: “Approval of the recommendation of the Council of Ministers on the loan of the company GE and stated in the decision that, based on what was presented by the Minister of Electricity in an emergency during the meeting of the Council of Ministers and what is stated in the ministry’s book number: 51627 dated 12/9/2019 The Cabinet decided the following:
1- Approved the recommendation of the Ministerial Council for Energy (21 of 2019) as follows:
Authorization to the Ministry of Electricity for the authority of referral and signing of the contract with GE Company, for a period of 30 months plus 10 months for financial closure, for the implementation of 15 substations 132/33 KV and one substation 400 KV Expansion of one 400 KV substation, rehabilitation of three KV substations, installation and operation of 4 quick-installation 132/33 stations with overhead lines, ground and spare materials, at a total cost of $ 25/523/597/727. Seven hundred and twenty-seven million five hundred and ninety-seven thousand five hundred and twenty-three dollars and twenty-five cents, representing approximately (estimated cost + 9.8%), with the exception of the loan from the instructions for the implementation of contracts Komeh No. (2) for the year 2014, in terms of the provision of proportion (15%) of the value of the loan; the Ministry mentioned above to be able to proceed with the contracting procedures in respect of acquisition requirements before signing the contract.
2. Include the contract in question to the text stating that no legal obligation or financial compensation shall be incurred by either party in the event that the loan agreement cannot be signed even if the company fulfills its obligations under this contract.
The Cabinet approved the recommendations related to the Japanese loan projects
The Cabinet approved the recommendations of the consultative meeting (43) on the Japanese loan projects, and provided for the adoption of the recommendations of the said meeting as follows:
1 – Amend paragraph (2) of the Cabinet Resolution (184 of 2019) to read :
(loans, bonds and foreign – funded projects are exempt from all taxes and fees and customs according to the provisions contained in the loan agreements and product protection for the reset agreements signed loans are before issuing this decision).
In the future, loan agreements should include product protection law in project contracts financed by loans for materials and goods covered by product protection decisions.
2. Authorize the Ministry of Planning to approve the implementation of the recommendations issued to protect the product in accordance with the mechanism currently adopted.
Cabinet allocates 3 billion dinars to cover the 40th visit
The Council of Ministers approved the disbursement of 3 billion dinars to the holy province of Karbala for the purpose of covering the needs of the province in a visit to the Imam Hussein, “peace be upon him.”
According to the text of the resolution “the Ministry of Finance disbursed (3) three billion dinars to the holy province of Karbala from the amounts approved in the emergency reserve for the fiscal year 2019, as operational allocations,” for the purpose of covering the needs of the province in the service of visitors to perform the ritual visit to the shrine of Imam Hussein peace be upon him”.
A series of decisions of the Council of Ministers on meeting the demands of the demonstrators
The Council of Ministers made a series of additions and amendments on the paragraphs of the first and second packages of procedures and recommendations on meeting the demands of the demonstrators as follows.
The paragraphs emanating from the ordinary session of the Council of Ministers (39), held on 8/10/2019, provide for the following:
First: The formation of the High Committee for the distribution of residential land headed by the Prime Minister and the membership of each of the
following : 1 – Minister of Construction, Housing, Municipalities and Public Works, Vice-Chairman of the Committee.
Secretary General of the Council of Ministers, member.
3 – Head of the Secretariat of the Higher Commission for Coordination between the provinces, member.
Director General of State Real Estate – Ministry of Finance, Member.
Director General of Military Survey – Ministry of Defense, Member.
Director General of Agricultural Lands, Ministry of Agriculture, Member.
7. A representative of the Prime Minister’s Office, member.
Director General of Real Estate Registration – Ministry of Justice, Member.
The committee shall be responsible for: Preparing the necessary agricultural lands to allocate the residential plot to the eligible citizens according to the decision No. (70) for the year 2019, and studying the expansion of the municipal boundaries and the required amortization, acquisition, and modification of the use of land and changing its sex for the purposes of the Committee’s work.
Second: Include in the draft budget law for 2020 the freezing of the laws and instructions in force that give the right to receive the person more than a salary, retirement or grant and the option of receiving one.
Third: The Ministry of Electricity shall distribute integrated solar energy systems to (3000) poor families free of charge and allocate a total amount (only, fifteen billion dinars).
Fourth: Providing a large number of job opportunities for unemployed youth according to the following:
1- The Ministry of Commerce should simplify the procedures of registering small companies for young people (for the age group 18-35 years) and exempting them from the wages created for the purpose of providing job opportunities for this category in the following works:
A- Cleaning companies (educational institutions, health institutions, and residential investment complexes).
Horticulture and gardening companies.
C- Contracting companies for secondary works.
Waste recycling plants.
And – and another.
2. Ministries and entities not affiliated with the Ministry and the Governorates shall be granted all the power of direct referral for works (restoration, maintenance, construction, expansion, addition, erection, operation, equipment, cleaning, transportation) which cost up to an amount of (only, five hundred million dinars), as well as projects. Which cost less than (1 billion dinars) to these companies or contractors of Iraqi youth who are not classified and an exception to the contracting methods stipulated in Article (3) of the Instructions for Execution of Government Contracts No. (2) of 2014 and the Instructions for Executing the Budget .
3. Companies that have government contracts from ministries and entities not affiliated with the Ministry and the governorates shall refer part of their work up to an amount not exceeding (only five hundred million dinars) to unclassified contractors by contracting them in the form of (a nominated contract) with the employer or the contracting authority. To ensure the rights of the secondary contracting parties, the Ministry of Planning shall issue controls to facilitate and implement this subject and the subject mentioned in paragraph (IV / 2) above.
4. The Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs shall take the necessary measures to provide mobile cars for the manufacture of ready-made food, refreshments, hot drinks and specialized cars such as (maintenance and cleaning cars of all kinds) for unemployed youth who are registered in its database and shall be financed either through:
a. At the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs.
(B) soft loans with nominal interest from the bankers: Rafidain and Rasheed for those not registered in the database of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs.
5. The Municipality of Baghdad and the governorates shall simplify the procedures of granting them the license to practice the profession and organize their places of parking in the commercial areas.
6. This type of vehicle is exempt from customs duties.
Fifth: The Ministry of Electricity shall employ the unemployed youth of the age group (18 – 35) years to work as collectors of electricity wages and according to their areas of residence according to the bills issued by the Ministry mentioned above, through the operational forms and incentives (5%) of the value of the amounts collected daily on To be trained and given a daily wage of only (5,000 dinars) for the first three months from the date of commencement of training.
Sixth: Supporting vocational education and the distribution of agricultural lands in order to support vocational education and play its role in providing a skilled professional workforce qualified to establish small and medium private enterprises and providing job opportunities in the agricultural sector as follows:
1- Granting students of agricultural preparations monthly grant (only fifty) thousand dinars) during the school year 2019- 2020.
2. decoding Alaratbatin: administrative and financial schools for vocational education from the general directorates of education and re – Artbtha Directorate General of Vocational Education in the Ministry of Education.
Allow the investment of technical and vocational abilities of vocational education schools for productive and service purposes (as well as training purposes) and allocate a percentage of the proceeds of the products to students, teaching and training staff, to develop the school environment and market their products, with the development of independent accounting units therein to facilitate the work of those schools.
4. The Ministry of Agriculture allocates agricultural land with water share to graduates of agricultural preparations (as well as to graduates of agricultural colleges and veterinary institutes) to establish specialized cooperative cooperatives and investment of these lands, and covered by the law of agricultural sabbatical No. (24) of 2013.
5. The Ministry of Agriculture in coordination with Ministry of Water Resources Allocate agricultural land, including the desert with water share, to the full-time unemployed agricultural workers and others, and establish specialized cooperative societies to invest without fragmentation of large agricultural areas.
6. The Ministry of Agriculture shall reassess the contracted agricultural projects to the private sector, cancel the non-operating projects contracts and re-offer them as investment opportunities without fragmenting them, and provide a new vision to employ them in supporting the agricultural sector and the employment of labor.
7. The Ministry of Agriculture shall evaluate the contracted agricultural lands according to the Agrarian Reform Law No. (117) of 1970, the Agricultural Land Lease Law No. (35) of 1983 and other laws in force, and canceling the unused land contracts and re-leasing them to the unemployed full-time agricultural and veterinarians. And others.
8. The Ministry of Agriculture shall activate the Agricultural Credit Facilitation Fund and allocate the amounts recovered from the Agricultural Initiative Funds for the purpose of lending to the unemployed and to whom agricultural land has been allocated.
Seventh: The Ministry of Industry and Minerals shall train unemployed young graduates and others wishing to establish local products manufacturing projects within the expertise available in the factories and companies of the Ministry and allow them to exploit the unused productive halls in the factories and provide industrial services to them free of charge. From the for-profit projects fund or the youth employment initiative launched by the Central Bank of Iraq.
Eighth: The Council of Advisers at the Presidency of the Council of Ministers to study the reduction of the retirement age of employees and provide a vision for the Council of Ministers within two weeks in order to replace them with unemployed youth.
Ninth: The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and other ministries and non-affiliated bodies shall launch the job grades resulting from the movement of owners assigned to holders of higher degrees for the purpose of providing job opportunities for them within two weeks in accordance with the stated controls, competence, need and transparent competition among applicants.
Tenth: The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research:
1- Obligating universities and colleges to accommodate the appropriate numbers of graduates with the capacity available through the adoption of teaching staff (1) teacher: (25) students in the administrative and humanitarian disciplines, the ratio of 20: 1 In pure science disciplines 15: 1 in engineering disciplines and medical group.
2- Increasing the admission rate of vocational school graduates in technical institutes and colleges to 10%, starting from the academic year 2020-2021.
Eleventh: Improve municipal and environmental services and to encourage small industries used for waste recycling products; as follows:
1- The Municipality of Baghdad and the governorates to contract with investors to establish treatment plants and recycling waste by modern methods.
2. The Ministry of Electricity shall purchase all electrical energy produced from waste treatment, if any, at encouraging prices.
Twelfth: Obligating ministries and entities not affiliated with the Ministry and all governorates to cover their needs of local products, including those of the private sector, which have an added value of more than 20%.
Thirteenth: The General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers shall form committees in the governorates to follow up the decisions of the Council of Ministers to meet the demands of the demonstrators to be chaired by one of the ministers. The Council of Ministers shall complete its work within a maximum period of three months.
The paragraphs emanating from the 40th Ordinary Session of the Council of Ministers held on 15/10/2019 read as follows:
1. The Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs database of job seekers shall be adopted to implement the provisions of the above-mentioned Council of Ministers resolutions.
2. The disbursement of an amount (only, five hundred and fifty billion dinars) of the amount allocated to the Social Protection Fund; for the purpose of implementing paragraphs (6, 9, 10, 11, 12) of the Council of Ministers resolution (340 of 2019); for the purpose of working as a social researcher to ensure Accuracy and speed of achievement.
3- Amending paragraph (17) of the Council of Ministers Resolution (340 of 2019) to read:
(The Social Protection Authority shall coordinate between them and the governorates for the purpose of covering (6000) families, in accordance with the provisions of the Social Protection Law No. (11) of 2014, provided that the Ministry of Finance do the following: (
a) adding a financial allocation in the draft federal budget for fiscal year 2020 to the Ministry of practical social Affairs for the purpose of the above – mentioned. (
b ) the granting of the Ministry of Labor and social Affairs validity of the contract with 1000 people through the inclusion of text in the draft general budget law Federal Financial Year 2020.
Providing administrative and logistical support to the teams of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs to ensure rapid and accurate delivery.
(D) The poverty rate with the population percentage of the governorates specified by the Ministry of Planning shall be used to distribute the number of persons referred to above.
4. Providing the Municipality of Baghdad governorates to provide suitable plots of land to the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs; for the purpose of implementing paragraphs (9 and 12) of the Council of Ministers resolution (340 of 2019).
5.Add the membership of the Ministers of Defense (Oil and Oil), the Director General of the Department of Petroleum Exploration in the Ministry of Oil, and the Director General of the Military Housing Department at the Ministry of Defense to the membership of the Higher Committee for the Distribution of Residential Lands, which was established by the Council of Ministers Resolution (341 of 2019).
6. Authorize the Director General of the Agricultural Land Department in the Ministry of Agriculture (a member of the High Committee for the distribution of residential land mentioned in paragraph (5) above) to raise the hand of agrarian reform after sending an integrated report from the Agricultural Committee in each governorate in favor of raising the hand of agrarian reform and address contracts and obligations. is over