Date of release: 2019/4/29 12:10
(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The Economic Affairs Committee chaired by the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, Fuad Hussein, attended the presence of the Ministers of Commerce, Planning, Industry and Agriculture, the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, the Chairman of the National Investment Commission, the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Finance and Planning, The border ports and the customs and a number of advisers and general managers and experts competent in the federal government, its eleventh session in Arbil on Sunday.
The committee held a joint meeting with the Kurdistan Regional Government, headed by the President of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Najirvan Barzani, and the presence of his deputy Qubad Talabani and National Security Advisor and Minister of Interior, Planning and Health, the Head of the Cabinet and the Chairman of the Investment Authority and a number of agents, consultants, general managers and experts in the Kurdistan Regional Government
. That the Committee on Economic Affairs took its decision at the 10th meeting to hold the next meeting in Erbil to discuss the obstacles and the implementation of the decision of the Council of Ministers in the Federal Government No. 13 of 2019.
The Committee discussed the paragraphs on its agenda and listened to the technical and legal opinions from both sides to reach final agreements on the implementation of the above paragraphs of the resolution and a national and brotherly brotherhood transparent and a serious desire of both parties to reach common formulas that benefit the people of Iraq.
The Commission has taken a number of important decisions following the following:
– The provincial government shall take the necessary legal measures to take the recommendations of the minutes signed between the Border Crossings Authority and the representatives of the Kurdistan Regional Government in order to unify the procedures in all outlets of the Republic of Iraq, ) Months.
– The ministries of planning in the federal government and the region to standardize the procedures for the classification of contractors during the period (60) days and submitted to the Economic Affairs Committee for ratification.
– Approval of the mechanism of joint action to activate the Industrial Investment Law for the private and mixed sectors No. (20) for the year 1998 and ratified by the ministers of industry in the federal government and the Kurdistan region.
– Formation of a joint committee between the representatives of the two governments and in the presence of the representatives of the companies examining the agreement on the mechanism of inspection of imported goods within a period not exceeding (60) days in order to preserve the health of citizens and the environment. The committee submits its recommendations to the Economic Affairs Committee for approval.
– Holding a joint meeting between the tax authorities in the federal government and the Kurdistan region within two weeks to agree on common formulas for tax work throughout Iraq.
– Commends the Economic Affairs Committee on the decisions of the Council of Ministers of the region on the implementation of decisions to protect the product and the continued cooperation to consolidate those decisions to benefit the Iraqi traders, manufacturers and farmers, with the addition of a member of the Kurdistan Region Committee Diwan 14 for the year 2018 and the prevention of import.
– Holding a joint meeting between the two ministries of commerce in the federal government and the region, one week after the date of the current session of the final agreement on the issuance of import and export licenses and submit recommendations to the Committee on Economic Affairs.
– Unify the quarantine and veterinary fees and activate the work of the two committees formed in the Ministry of Agriculture in the Federal Government and the Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources in the Region and continue to hold their meetings of the best continuous coordination service for the public interest, with the formation of a direct and mutual operations room between the two ministries to deal with emergency cases and the spread of epidemic diseases, Agricultural and veterinary services.
– Approved the holding of periodic meetings every 3 months between the Committee of Economic Affairs and the Kurdistan Regional Government to follow up the implementation of their decisions and coordination in the common economic issues.