Baghdad / News:
The Joint Operations Command denied on Sunday reports of the presence of US forces on the Iraqi-Syrian border, stressing that the Iraqi security forces are holding the border and will look into any threat to the Iraqi territory from Syria.
The spokesman for the command Brigadier Yahya Rasool said in his’ news’ that ‘what is transmitted by the means of social communication and some news agencies of the presence of US forces to hold the Iraqi border from Syria is not true completely’, urging Iraqis to ‘take news from official bodies and news sites The truth that does not falsify the truth.
“The Iraqi security forces, with their military and intelligence formations alone, are holding the border, and they are fully insured by their forces, which are conducting raids and constant searches to eliminate the terrorists who are trying to tamper with the security of Iraq,” Rasul said.
He pointed out that ‘Iraq does not need any foreign force to protect its territory and the Iraqi army hero is able to protect the Iraqi territory from any threat to the Iraqis’.
Earlier on Sunday, news media reported videos showing US troops said they were on the Iraqi-Syrian border.