Policy 2018/06/05 22:19 1240
Baghdad today – special
The legal expert Tariq Harb revealed on Tuesday the legality and constitutionality of the decisions and recommendations of the Council of Ministers which he approved during today’s session on the violations that accompanied the electoral process that took place on 12 May .
“The Council of Ministers distributed the tasks to the relevant bodies of the Public Prosecution, the Integrity Commission, the Chamber of Deputies, the Electoral Commission and the Office of Financial Control, ” he said in an exclusive interview with Baghdad today .
The legal expert added that “the decisions and recommendations of the Council of Ministers to the concerned parties are binding and can not be rejected by any party .”
The Cabinet approved the conclusions and recommendations contained in the minutes of the Supreme Committee, which was formed by Cabinet Resolution No. 198 of 2018 .
The recommendations included, according to the Information Office of the Prime Minister :
– Count and manual sorting by at least 5% in all centers .
– Abolishing the results of the elections abroad and the displaced to prove serious and deliberate fraud and collusion as stated in the recommendations and conclusions of the High Committee .
– The Council of Ministers directs the National Intelligence Service, the National Security Apparatus and the intelligence services of the Ministry of the Interior to prosecute the manipulators and take legal action against them in accordance with the law .
– The Council of Ministers requests the Prosecutor to initiate criminal proceedings based on the report .
– The Council of Ministers shall transmit the said report to the Integrity Commission for investigation and to take deterrent measures .
– The report shall be referred to the Chamber of Deputies for taking appropriate measures as mentioned in paragraph 2 of the above recommendations .
– As a precautionary measure and as a result of serious matters in the report requiring the presence of officials of the Electoral Commission from the rank of assistant director general and above, it is decided that the approval of the Prime Minister must be obtained before traveling abroad .
The Electoral Commission announced on May 19, 2018, the final results of the legislative elections, topped the list of “Saron” with 54 seats, followed by the alliance, “Fatah” with 48 seats, and the coalition, “victory” with 42 seats, followed by the coalition, “State of Law” With 26 seats, the Kurdistan Democratic Party with 25 seats, while the coalition won “national” 21 seats, and stream “wisdom” 20 seats, while the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan won 18 seats .
Political parties participating in the election race cast doubt on the integrity of the voting process in a number of governorates including Kirkuk, Sulaymaniyah, Nineveh and Anbar, as well as other parts of the country .
In the legislative elections held on Saturday, 12 May 2018, 320 political parties, coalitions and electoral lists competed as follows: 88 electoral lists, 205 political entities and 27 electoral alliances, through 7,367 candidates, fewer than the number of candidates for the 2014 elections Which exceeded 9 thousand .