Number of readings: 1098 15-11-2017 08:08 PM
15-11-2017 08:08 PM
Military and security sources announced the deployment of forces from ‘operations of the island’ and the army and the ‘tribal crowd’ at the entrances to the province of Rawa in preparation for the storm within hours, and the announcement of the expulsion of the organization of the last stronghold in the country, while the Anbar tribes expressed their fears not to allocate safe corridors for civilians. According to sources close to the Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Abadi, will soon be announced the liberation of all administrative units inhabited in Rawa from the control of ‘da’ash’ and victory over terrorism.
However, observers confirm that the organization, although expelled by the Iraqi forces from Rawa, but still controls an area of 18 thousand square kilometers, equivalent to 4% of the territory of Iraq is the desert and valleys are free of population located between Anbar and Nineveh. For his part, spokesman for the tribes of Anbar fears that the people of Rawa could not escape because of the failure of the military forces to provide safe corridors for civilians.
For its part, the Joint Operations Command attributed this to the elimination of a hill with only two controlled by the organization, and deployed suicide bombers and large quantities of bombs and explosives to block the progress of the Iraqi forces. A security source said on Wednesday that the International Air Force carried out air strikes targeting sites of the organization ‘Daqash’ in the district of Rawa west of Anbar province, the last strongholds of the organization ‘Daash’.
The source said that ‘the aircraft of the International Alliance carried out seven strikes targeting sites and weapons stores in the district of Rawa and liver’, calling for ‘significant losses’. Adding that ‘intelligence from within the judiciary indicates that the militants of the organization are preparing to escape to the desert when the security forces approach’. The military leadership confirmed that it has completed its readiness to storm the district of Rawa, the last strongholds of ‘Da’ash’ in Iraq, with the participation of troops from the army, police, counter-terrorism and popular and tribal mobilization.
A security source said on Wednesday that security in the western parts of Anbar and relative calm and the return of normal life after liberation from the control of the organization ‘Daash’. The source said that the western areas of Anbar are witnessing relatively stable security, and the return of life to normal, through the return of men to shave their heads and remove women to wear black clothes, in addition to re-installation of satellite dishes ‘satellite’ over rooftops.
The source, who asked not to be named, said that the Iraqi security forces are preparing to liberate the city of Rawa from the control of the organization ‘Daqash’, after the completion of the liberation of most of the areas of the province.
Meanwhile, the German newspaper Die Welt reported on Tuesday that some 8,000 Iraqis had voluntarily left Germany and returned home as part of the German government’s ‘voluntary repatriation’ program. According to a statement by the Federal Bureau of Migration and Refugees, 5,657 Iraqis returned to Iraq last year and 2481 to September this year.
The German authorities regard these numbers as ‘a sign of the beginning of the return of stability in Iraq’, but at the same time ‘not enough ground’ to re-examine the measures of granting the right of protection enjoyed by about 120 thousand Iraqis in Germany. According to information provided by the Office for Migration and Refugees, any new assessment of the situation in Iraq must be completed in the next three years as a maximum period. In light of this, the legislator must either withdraw the right of protection granted or grant the right of permanent residence to the persons concerned residing in Germany.
To withdraw the right of protection from Iraqis, ‘there must be positive changes in Iraq, and not be transient but long-term,’ adds the statement of the Office of Migration and Refugees. German news reports also reported that Syrian refugees have decided to leave Germany and return voluntarily to their country despite the security situation there, as part of a special program that provides refugees with the opportunity to return to their country. According to the Rheinsche Post, the number of requests from Syrians to take advantage of this program and return to their country, amounted to 22 applications until the end of August.
The newspaper, based on data from the Federal Authority for Migration and Refugees, said that 11 of these refugees want to go to Iraq first, because there is no possibility to support return directly to Syria.
Some 140,000 asylum seekers, mostly from Syria and Iraq, were registered in Germany between January and September this year. The total number of asylum applications in Germany in 2016 amounted to about 280 thousand applications compared to about 890 thousand applications in 2015.
Since 2016 Germany has adopted the principle of promoting ‘voluntary departure’ to address the refugee crisis. So that rejected asylum-seekers can obtain financial and advisory support from the German Government for repatriation, and there is usually no other alternative available. Those who do not go voluntarily are deported without financial support. This opportunity is also available to those who are still in the middle of the process of providing asylum and checking the application. The amounts of travel costs obtained from those who leave voluntarily according to nationality are usually classified according to the International Organization for Migration ( IOM ) programs ) The departures will receive travel expenses and one-time assistance, depending on their nationality. The Afghani gets 500 euros and the Egyptian gets 300 euros.
The number of voluntary departures who have been receiving support has increased significantly in recent years. In 2015, about 35,000 people received such support, while in 2016 they increased to nearly 54,000. The Western Balkans are among the countries most associated with the voluntary repatriation program. Some 17,000 people from Albania benefited from the program, 6,000 from Serbia and 5,400 from Kosovo, but for Afghans, most likely to be displaced, only 3,300 people decided to participate in the REAG / GARP program .
Since February 2017, there is also a special program of return ‘Start Plus Help. So that it will receive 1200 euros of those who decide to join the program and withdraw the request for asylum and return before deciding on the request. While 800 euros will be paid only if the request is rejected negatively, ie the rejection of the request for asylum, and the applicant must be still within the period allowed to return, without any appeal to the decision. To finance this program, the German Government has decided to allocate an additional € 40 million to cover costs.