Twilight News / EBR company dealt with the development of oil and gas discoveries important hydrocarbon products in the world and the countries that dominated the market over the past decades.
And it issued a list of ten countries , which has the largest proven oil reserves , as follows:
1 – Venezuela has the largest proven oil reserves of 300 billion barrels of oil, and in 2011 Venezuela surpassed Saudi Arabia in the list of countries with the largest oil reserves. However, the development of these huge reserves was at the bottom ofgovernment concerns due to political unrest over the past few years. The Venezuela also has huge reserves of oil sands such as those in Canada. Due to the nature of thesticky, it can produce oil from tar sands this through traditional means.
2. Saudi Arabia, with it remained the largest owner reserves for several decades, but it fell Baanaatiadtha 269 billion barrels as at the first of 2016, and an estimated five global conventional reserves. And it sits a large part of its reserves in a small number of giant oil fields, is expected to return to the first place in terms of reserves if it hasstrengthened its activities on the level of exploration.
3. Canada and resolved in the third confirmed Baanaatiadtha amounting to 171 billion barrels, and sits 95% of Canada ‘s oil reserves of conventional oil sands in the province of Alberta, and issued a large part of Canadian oil to the United States.
4. Iran and its reserves of 157.8 billion barrels as the first of January, and is expected tocontinue for a decade as production levels in 2006, Iran has been an erosion ofproduction over the past few decades because of the war with Iraq, and the need for investments among other factors.
5. Iraq, and its reserves of 143 billion barrels, the oil industry has been affected by thewars in Iraq and political instability, and is considered the cities of Basra, Baghdad and Rumaila of the most important sites that embrace of Iraq ‘s oil reserves.
6. Kuwait, holds reserves of 104 billion barrels and embraces the giant Burgan field about 70% of which, as the second – largest oil fields in the world. Despite being asmall country, Kuwait contributes significantly to the world ‘s oil reserves. As thethird largest oil producer among OPEC countries , it accounts for 8% of the world ‘s oil reserves.
7. Emirates, and estimated reserves collected by about 98 billion barrels of which 66 billion barrels in the Zkm field in Abu Dhabi , which accounts for 90% of reserves, followed by Dubai and Sharjah.
8. Russia, amounting to 80 billion barrels of reserves, much of which is located in theplains of Siberia. Production fell after the collapse of the Soviet Union, but rebounded later as a result of the privatization of the energy industry. As the country in its exploration, it is expected to boost its oil reserves in the Arctic and icy water.
9. Libya, and its reserves of 48.3 billion barrels, the largest oil reserves in Africa, exploration efforts have been hit by the war and the sanctions imposed on the international oil companies.
10. Finally, Nigeria, which owns 37 billion barrels of proven reserves, the second in Africa.